In many cases, Magento 2 Migration can open a new page for the e-commerce businesses. With the new platform, your website will be changed comprehensively – more attractive and modern storefront, more intelligent and user-friendly admin panel and higher website performance. Compared to Magento 1, there are many new features in Magento 2 such as Ajax loading, improved flow of checkout, more payment methods, built-in full page cache, responsive backend, customizable data grids in admin, and so on.
Because all of the above benefits, more and more merchants have made a decision to migrate Magento 1 to Magento 2.
The thing is that this is not an easy task. If upgrading from your current Magento 1.x to the latest version of Magento 1 is similar to repair your kitchen room or any rooms in your house, migrating to Magento 2 is to build another one, move your furniture to the new house and discard some stuff that is no longer suitable.
You probably understand how complex Magento 2 migration is via my example, don’t you?
Therefore, in most of the cases, the store owners have to seek advice from Magento experts or trusted Magento development companies to help implement their Magento migrations – “rebuild their house”.
By this way, they will understand more about the migration to Magento 2 process:
- Which are involved in the migration
- What can/ cannot be migrated
- How we can migrate allowable stuff
- How we can handle the stuff that cannot be moved
- Which is the most effective and efficient solution
- How much time is needed to complete the migration
- How much it costs to hire Magento migration service provider
- How much you have to pay for the new theme and extensions
- What we should pay attention to when moving to the new site
- Which Magento official tools can be used to ease Magento migration process
Besides, the Magento agencies can suggest you:
- Which theme and templates are proper to your store
- Which extensions should be used to replace the existing ones
- Which hosting service is better for Magento 2
- Which database assets need migrating to the new site
- Which modules can be used to replace Magento 1 custom function
- Which Magento custom functions/ plugins are provided by Magento 2 default
Thanks to all of that, the merchants will not only know what they gonna do in their Magento 2 migration process but also can select a reliable Magento migration service provider based on the attitude, professionalism, and expertise of the agency when giving you the advice.
There are some Magento agencies provide you with a free quote and consultation for Magento migration. For instance, you can contact Tigren Solutions, one of the best website design and development companies in Asia, to ask for a detailed migration plan included solutions, estimated time and cost for your project. Based on that, you can well prepare your knowledge and resource to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2 successfully. On the other hand, almost Magento development firms in the UK, US, or India will charge you a certain consultation fee regardless of the fact that they will work with them later or not.
Last but not least, if you are not a developer who can carry out Magento 2 migration himself, choosing the right Magento development company and getting the right solutions are the most important things for your project success. Moreover, you should start your migration as soon as possible to catch up with the tendency of the e-commerce industry.